We invite workshop proposals for the 2015 IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Accepted workshops will be held on either May 4th or May 8th, 2015, in the same venue as the FG 2015 main conference.
We solicit proposals on any topics of interests to the FG community. Complementary to the main venue, we especially encourage proposals that are stemmed from emerging new fields or new application domains related to face and gesture analysis and synthesis. Interdisciplinary topics that could attract a significant cross-section of the community are highly valued. Workshop organizers who have a strong track record in the field will be a plus. Workshop proposals must be sent to the workshops and tutorials chairs, Qiang Ji and Andrej Košir, with email subject “FG 2015 Workshop Proposal: [title of your workshop]” before or on September 12th, 2014. A proposal should include the following information to facilitate the decision process:
- Title, technical topics, and draft call for papers;
- Two or three paragraphs to justify the workshop of interest;
- Specify the relationship, if any, to previous workshops;
- Name, email contact, and short bio of each of the main organizers;
- Tentative length of the workshop (half day or full day);
- Tentative program committee, and invited speakers, if any;
- Estimated number of submissions and acceptance rate;
- Specify if a poster session will be included;
- Special space or equipment requests, if any;
- Tentative paper submission and review schedule;
- Specify if there will be non-peer reviewed invited paper, if so, how many?
The workshop paper submission, review, acceptance notification, and final manuscript due must all be handled between January 12th, 2015 (deadline for workshop papers) and February 18th, 2015 (Camera-ready workshop papers due). Financial support from the main conference is not guaranteed and is depending on budget. The deadline for all workshop proposals is Septeber 12th, 2014. Decisions will be made by September 19th, 2014.
The main conference will provide rooms, equipment, and coffee breaks for the workshops. If necessary, poster facilities will be offered. For each workshop one complimentary registration for a keynote speaker is available. For any additional questions please contact the workshop organizers.
For your reference, below is a list of workshops held in conjunction with the previous FG conference:
- Workshop on Emotion Synthesis, Representation, and Analysis in Continuous Space
- Workshop on Social Behavior Analysis
- Workshop on Facial Expression Recognition and Analysis Challenge
- Workshop on Psychology of Face and Gesture Recognition
- Vision(s) on Deception and Non-cooperation
- 3D Face Biometrics